Activating Equity and Inclusion for Collective Change
Time & Location
Oct 29, 2020, 8:15 AM – Oct 30, 2020, 3:00 PM
Herb & Eatery Gallery, 2210 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
About the Event
This is a space for social justice leaders committed to advancing collective change through the work of inclusion, intersectional equity (including racial equity, gender-self-determining equity) and co-liberation.
Our work together is to undo the burnout and fatigue around DEI and racial equity work by elevating purposeful action, activating the creative imagination, and mobilizing tools for collective change. We will have time to actively work on designing for progress (not comfort) in your own work.
This workshop space is for individuals from the non-profit and philanthropic sectors; or individuals who are engaged with these sectors as facilitators, board members, or influencers.
Some of the key topics we will engage with together include
- Deeping language on: Diversity, equity, and inclusion; belonging and co-liberation
- Purposeful leadership
- Embodiment of purpose
- Creative Action
- Practices for resiliency
Every registration fee includes full 2-day workshop cost:
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks on both days (great food! We will nourish ourselves in many ways, including amazing food that we enjoy together as a group. Seriously. The food at the venue is amazing)
- Workshop materials to take home
- 1 – 90 minute personal coaching call after the workshop
Preparation for participants:
Come ready for healing, learning, conspiring, and connecting!
Please bring an item or 2 that visually answers (one or all of the following questions):
- What helps me stay focused and motivated in my work?
- What helps me stay resilient? What are the practices or anchors?
- What is sacred to me?
Bring materials or information on an on-going project, program, or organizational process you are working on, or something that is about to launch or in the design phase.
We have shifted this experience and updated the content. If you're interested in learning more please contact us for more information: email@example.com